Just a few lines to say Welcome to the travel news weblog, where all the latest travel industry news and consumer advice, plus the odd cheap travel deal will be posted, so why not subscribe to our rss news feeds and be kept updated on the latest travel developments as they happen.
Travel Tip’s, follow our consumer travel advice and safeguard yourself from being scammed:
Here are a few things to consider when booking holidays and travel, that will save you from a lot of grief in the long run.
- If a deal seems too good to be true, then more often than not, it is. Steer well clear and look for a holiday elsewhere.
- Check if the company is a member of a trade organisation such as ABTA or AITO. Don’t just take the company’s word for it though, confirm it with the relevant trade body.
- However some companies are ABTA bonded like OTbeach but their customer reviews are dreadful…
- Limited travel companies in the UK will be registered with Companies House so contact them and check the company is legitimate.
- Take time to find out as much about the company as possible, then consider carefully if you want to spend your hard-earned money with them.
- Be suspicious if there is an unusually high credit card loading fee, which encourages you to pay cash. Or if you are told a company does not accept credit cards – avoid!
- The Package Travel Regulations will also protect you if you purchase from a reputable tour operator or company.
Thanks for reading